Read this blog to know the tips to make your hands smooth this winter.
Have you ever given much thought to which part of your body perceives the arrival of winter first? Is it your skin? Or lips? or your feet? No, you got it all wrong. It’s your lovely, lonely hands.
Your hands forecast that winter is right at your doorstep. Right from the end of autumn, we feel our hands drying and seeking moisture. Unfortunately, our hands survive the utmost harshness of winter. We caress our skin with our hands, but we barely take care of those hands in reality. So, let’s withdraw some time from our daily schedule and learn the techniques to pamper our hands.
Why do hands dry up early in the winter?
No doubt, winter strips off the minimum amount of moisture from your skin. But your hands can predict the winter coming on silent feet. We perform all our tasks with our hands. No matter how hard you try to rest your hands, you barely can. Moreover, the increase in flu in recent years has compelled us to wash our hands frequently. This does not retain the natural oils present in the hands and therefore makes them drier.
What are some basic steps to caring for your hands?
Well, it might sound cliché, but your hands need some rest and some genuine caressing this time. We are here with some basic steps to take care of your hands in easy ways. Here we go.
- Gentle cleanser — Cleansing is undoubtedly important, but do not use soaps. Soaps always strip away your moisture and impart a dry texture to your hands. Moreover, dryness in winter is like a cherry on top. This can lead to some threatening medical conditions as well unless taken care of. Find a gentle cleanser for yourself and caress your hands.
- Do not use hot water; hot water is not recommended in the winter. Hot water is known to strip natural oils. Avoid using hot water as much as possible. Better use lukewarm water to wash your hands off.
- Do not overwash – Overwashing of hands can cause extreme dryness. It is suggested that you avoid unnecessary washing of your hands and preserve
the moisture of your hands.
- Rely on moisturizers – Without moisturizers, your winter is incomplete. resort to oil-based moisturizers. When your hand is wet, apply the moisturiser to lock the moisture in your hands. Keep the hand creams inside your bag and keep applying them frequently. Don’t loiter anywhere without hand creams or hand moisturizers.
- Wear gloves – Gloves protect your hands from the cold and keep them warm. It also protects you from dirt and dust. It acts as a shield for water loss.
- Hydrate yourself – Drink water around 2 litres everyday. If you hydrate yourself, your hands will be equally soft and supple. Hydration means defending your skin against dryness.
What are the home remedies to get soft and supple hands?
There is no alternative to home remedies. Home remedies are easy to follow and implement. Some of the home remedies are:
- Sunflower seed oil: Sunflower seed oil is a great source of hydration for your hands. It is one of the finest moisturisers for your arm.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil contains saturated fatty acids that have emollient properties. Coconut oil is safe and retains moisture in your hands for a long time.
- Milk: Drink a glass of milk every day. Milk moisturises your hands and makes them smooth and soft. Make it a part of your diet to obtain soft hands naturally.
- Honey: Honey contains anti-inflammatory properties. It is a wonderful healer and imparts softness. You can obtain honey either in the morning in lukewarm water or apply it topically
- Petroleum jelly: petroleum jelly is a wonderful healer for the skin. Use petroleum if your hands are getting dry. It has the superb ability to lock moisture.
Beauty on Earth picks out the random, overlooked problems in winter and finds solutions to them. For dry hands and bodies, here we suggest a couple of products that deserve special mention.
In today’s blog, Beauty n’ Earth took you on a tour of hand care. Now it’s your turn to visit our website, https://beautynearth.com/, and explore how many more skincare and body care tips we have in store for you.